14 Oct Feeling Beautiful
SHOP THE LOOK
When Kid Canon first sent me these photos back in August, they were beautiful… but over edited. He had my skin looking flawless; and as much as I’d like to pretend I have the perfect shape and face…that is simply not true. I emailed him back and asked him to send me the unedited versions, and that is what you see above you.
Confidence is fleeting (read more about my thought on confidence HERE). Some days I’m full of it, most days I’m not. Beauty is based on perception, so finding yours is an internal battle. I would love to post highly edited images and give you the false pretense that my skin and hair are always perfect. But what I love more than that is myself, my flaws, and my authenticity. My ability to recognize my own natural beauty was a struggle, but I’ve finally mastered it. Below are 5 tips to help you feel beautiful always and in all ways.
- Eat Healthy– So many skin, hair, and weight issues can be fixed if we are just more conscious about what we put into our bodies. I ALWAYS get asked “What do you do to your skin, its flawless?!?” or “How are your natural nails SO long”. My answer is: What I eat (or don’t eat). I drink lots of water, no soda, and no junk food. My diet is heavily plant and fruit based (and I’m vegetarian). Oftentimes bad skin is a sign of an internal issue that makeup and expensive face wash just can’t fix.
- Pamper Yourself– I honestly can’t stress this enough. It’s important to take time for yourself. Stop working. Stop taking care of the kids. Stop catering to your man. Give yourself 2 hours of YOUR time. Take time washing your hair. Meditate. Write. Give yourself a facial. Go get a massage. The more time you spend alone with yourself, the more comfortable you will be in your own skin & in your own presence. And thats honestly what feeling beautiful is all about, right?
- Save Compliments– I know this sounds vain, but it works. I save every written compliment someone gives me. Every IG message, snapchat message, email, and sometimes even texts. When I’m not feeling particularly beautiful I revert back to all the nice things people have said about me. Sometimes it helps to see yourself through the eyes of other people.
- Take Pictures– Seriously. On the days when you feel REALLY pretty, capture those moments. This way you have the power to relive them whenever you’d like.
- Stop Comparing– You will never recognize the beauty in you if you spend all of your energy wishing for someone else’s _________. Cut that shit out and learn to adore yourself.