I am an avid wine drinker. Red, white, sparkly, sweet, tart.. it doesn’t matter, I LOVE wine. However, it’s not often that I can finish an entire bottle on my own (unless I’ve had a rough week). Consequently, my fridge is always stocked with half full bottles of wine. As National Wine Day approaches (May 25), I thought it would be fun to make this week’s Sip With Vic all about [leftover] wine. So I give you the “winesicle”. Wine popsicles are easy to make and they taste AMAZING.
- 1 cup of your choice of wine (I chose Stella Rosa’s Stella Berry)
- 1 cup of simple syrup
- 1 cup of your choice of fruits (I used 1 cup of strawberries & 1 cup of raspberries)
- Make your simple syrup first and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend VERY well
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle mold and freeze for 10-12 hours