03 Sep 25
Tee shirt- Gap
Pants- Top Shop (similar here)
Shoes- JustFab (similar here)
Bag- Vintage (similar here)
As I mentioned in my previous post, it’s National Self Improvement month. A second thing I’ve decided to do along with my teatox is to get to know myself a little better. I know, I know.. the person we should know more than anyone in the world is ourselves..right? Right. But, sometimes I spend so much time thinking about the person I want to become, or regretting the person I used to be that I hardly focus on who I am right now, in this moment. Soooo here are 25 things about ME, to help me appreciate who I am, and to give you guys a sneak peak in to who I really am.
- My full name is Victoria Louisa Sanders. ( I am basically a junior, but my mom and I have different middle names)
- I ADORE animals. I stop and talk to every dog I see on the street, and I probably follow more dogs than people on Instagram
- My nickname is Lucy. My mother only calls me Victoria when she’s talking to people who do not know me by any other name.
- I lived in Europe for 3 years. My dad was in the Air Force and it was an amazing experience moving around. It shaped who I am.
- I am afraid of the dark. I sleep with a night light and I WILL NOT go into unlit rooms.
- I do not have a religion. I believe in God, but I do not consider myself a Christian. I believe that if you live a righteous life with a pure heart, you will be okay.
- I am pescatarian. I have not eaten meat in almost 10 years.
- I have 8 tattoos. ( blog post about all of them soon? possibly.)
- I got made fun of… a lot. I remember crying almost everyday because of the cruel things kids used to say to me when I was growing up.
- Horseback riding is the only consistent sport I have done. I started riding when I was 8, I used to want to go to the Olympics.
- I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated.
- When I am alone I listen to Alanis Morissette. I think she understands life more than I ever will.
- Moving to Los Angeles was the best decision I have ever made in my life.
- Going to college was the worst decision I have ever made.
- My favorite color is pink. I’m not sure why, but I am magnetically drawn to anything pink.
- My fingernails are chipped more than they are painted. I think nail polish is frivolous and it’s often the last thing that crosses my mind.
- I know NOTHING about makeup and how to apply it. I think it is an art and I admire women who do it so effortlessly.
- I do not watch TV. I have only caught glimpses of Scandal, or any “house wife/hip hop/ love and _____” show. I think the things on tv now are meaningless and add no substance to my character or my craft..so I don’t waste my time.
- I would rather stay in my bed than get dressed and go anywhere. I honestly hate leaving the house.
- I am addicted to ShopStyle. It’s an app. You need it. Trust me.
- I am sensitive. Sensitive to my own emotions as well as to the emotions of others. I feel for people even when they do not feel for themselves. I used to think that this makes me weak. I now realize that this gives me a certain type of power that is rare, yet cherished.
- I am secretly a Unicorn. I have been told this by several people, on different occasions.
- There are times when I completely despise social media for the way it is affecting our self worth and self esteem.
- Fashion is my first love. Writing is a very close second.
- I HATE flowers. I think they are a waste of money. A thoughtless gesture. If you want to make me smile.. buy me a book. A book says “I care. I actually took the time and the energy to THINK about you and your likes.”
I hope you guys learned a few things about me!!!!