It’s here— Fashion Week!
I vividly remember being a teenager longing to come to New York just to experience fashion week. Something about the hustle and bustle, the street style, editors and buyers all in one room….it all seemed so magical. I’ve been in love with this industry for longer than I can remember that the allure of being here for fashion week outweighed my preparation for it.
My first NYFW was a disaster. I was cute, but I was not prepared. My phone kept dying, my feet hurt, I was hungry, my day 4 I had the biggest bags under my eyes. I did it all wrong. This year, I’ve come ready. I have partnered with Hollywood Fashion Secrets to make my fashion week experience a little more pleasant. I’ve listed a few fashion week essentials below to help you out (and as a makeshift checklist for myself of things to pack)
- Shoe Comfort Kit- this is a MUST. My feet were killing me by the end of day 1 last year. These are a godsend for any event where you will be on your feet for a while.
- Snacks. I learned to keep a few granola bars in my purse to ward off my hangry.
- Camera- Yes, our phones have cameras, but using it too much will deplete your battery. Plus, I would rather capture all the street style and shows on my actual camera and not my phone.
- Hand sanitizer- it’s flu season, and I will be shaking a lot of hands. This is necessary
- Style emergency kit- this fits perfectly into almost any handbag and will help with any quick fixes: it includes safety pins, double sided tape, lint removing sheets, a nail file, and more.
- Oil blotting tissue. Nobody wants to be shiny in all the pictures you will inevitably be taking.
- A good face mask. New York can be harsh on the skin. It’s good to do a midweek facial to detox your skin.
If you guys have an event or special occasion coming up I urge you to invest in some of these life changing essentials. You can get 25% off at Hollywood Fashion Secets when you use code VIC25 at checkout.