18 Apr Biking It
I’m that girl now— the quintessential LA blogger. The one who lives in the pretentious neighborhood, travels every week, wears Keepsake dresses, takes her friends on icecream dates, and chooses biking over driving. But you know what? I’m kind of in love with this life and this girl. Who I am didn’t change, just my life’s circumstances.
*cue The Jefferson’s Theme Song*
I moved to Los Feliz (the most hipster of all the LA neighborhoods) mid-January, and I don’t think I’ll ever leave. It’s quaint, friendly, and everything you could ever want or need is in biking distance. A couple of weeks ago I took Yvette Corinne on a friend date, cruising to some of my favorite places in Los Feliz on our Brooklyn Bikes.
If you’re ever in the neighborhood here are a few places you should check out:
- Jasmine’s Garden. Fresh flowers add an ambiance to a space. I come here once a week to grab fresh flowers for the dining room and my bathroom.
- Blue Bottle Coffee. I’m not an avid coffee drinker, but in the rare case I do want some this is where I go. I mostly come for the pastry’s, because we all know I love a good cake or muffin.
- Little Dom’s. They know me by name now.
- Skylight Books. If you’re a print junky, like myself, you’ll love Skylight. It’s a tiny little bookshop with a pretty big selection of books. I’ve spent hours in here.
- Jeni’s. Even if you don’t like icecream, your senses will persuade you into Jeni’s. You can smell the sweet aroma of fresh baked cones half a mile away. It’s cute inside, the staff is friendly, and the raspberry sorbet is sinful (only it’s made with fresh ingredients so it’s kind of good for you, right?)
- Messhall. On Tuesday’s they have $1 Oysters. No further explanation needed.
- Griffith Park. This is my favorite place to take my bike, some lunch, and a book. The hiking and biking paths are absolutely beautiful and serene. I spend hours here just escaping the stress that life can cause.
Grab your girls, or your guy, and come explore this hidden gem in LA. I promise you’ll fall in love. Oh, and if you see me riding around on my Brighton, make sure you say what’s up.