Why didn’t I cut my hair sooner? Wash and style time has been cut from 2 hours to 10 minutes. I use less product. My hair noticeably healthier. I mean.. the pros to short hair are endless. The first 2 months of short hair weren’t my favorite, but now that my curl pattern has grown in, I may never go back to my long locs.
I’ve rounded up the products I’ve been using since the cut. If you have short 3b/3c hair.. I live by these.
- SheDavi – these are mostly natural hair vitamins. I said “mostly” because they use like 0.0001% of biotin, which is not a naturally occurring vitamin. Not only have these been making my hair grow fast as hell, the company is a small business and black girl owned — so go support.
- Dirty Curl Cleansing & Conditioning Clay – I’ve been washing my hair with this, and ya’ll……. this stuff is EVERYTHING. First of all it looks and smells like chocolate (it does not at all taste like it… don’t judge me till you smell it). It has left my hair clean, soft, and smelling amazing. (vegan & black girl owned)
- Knotty Nectar Leave In– After washing I use the Femme Noir Knotty Nectar Leave In conditioner. Again, it smells good enough to eat. I’ve also been using this as a way to refresh my curls in the morning.
- Beautiful Kinks Styling Creme by Andre Walker – This is what’s been locking in the moisture for me.
- Define & Shine Custard by Cantu– This stuff takes my curls from ok… to OKAY.
- Control Me from Lotta Body– I have a ridiculous amount of baby hair.. this stuff keeps them tame. It also keeps my part parted, since my hair is so short it doesn’t like to stay parted.
- Flower Bomb – Once I’m done styling I add a teeny tiny bit of oil. This is the one I’m loving at the moment — it smells great and is jam packed with natural oils.
I’ll keep you guys posted on my hair routine as it grows out. I’ve noticed that different stages require different products.. although I’m hoping these get to stay on the journey.