03 Apr Travel Edit: Malibu Beach Inn
The city full of angels is also home to many hotels. This being the case, it can be difficult to sort through the noise of trendy places to stay, to find somewhere really special. All of the truly magical hotels have a few things in common: Incredible views, a rich presentation, accommodating staff, amazing food, and an energy that can’t be described, and yet doesn’t go unnoticed. Malibu Beach Inn meets all of that criteria and more.
WHY I LOVE IT
Nestled in an unassuming location right off the PCH, you’ll miss it if you drive by too fast. Once you pull into the onsite parking, a friendly valet will take your car from you for the night. If you want to save some cash, there’s plenty of street parking also. The hotel is clean, but I mean REALLY clean (it even has self cleaning elevator buttons). The mini bar is stocked with an assortment of waters, wines, spirits, beers, juices, candy, and snacks. The bathroom exudes luxury with its high-tech toilet that does everything from heat your seat, open and close when you walk into the restroom, self cleans, and offers a bidet for those who are into that sort of thing.
Our room offered a luxurious comfort: 2 tvs, a sitting area, a fireplace, and the most stunning Ocean Views. Room service came quickly, and the food did not disappoint.
THINGS TO DO
- Malibu Creek State Park- A relaxing and easy hike that has some of the best views in all of Los Angeles County.
- Malibu Wine Safari- They have bike rides, tastings, and so many other activities. If you have time it makes for a great socially distanced activity.
- Malibu Beach- weather permitting, the beaches in Malibu are always great. There are lots of pockets of beaches that are relatively untouched. So with a bit of patience, you can find a public beach that feels private.
- Drive the PCH. The Pacific Coast Highway might just be one of the most scenic drives in the U.S. If you’re in Malibu, pop on your favorite playlist and just cruise the coast.
WHERE TO EAT
- Malibu Farm Pier Cafe- for fresh farm-to-table food
- Nobu- If you want great sushi, but also if you want to go where the “in” crowd goes (the view is also amazing)
- Tra Di Noi
If you ever find yourself in Malibu, CA and your searching for luxury…. you won’t be disappointed with a stay at Malibu Beach Inn. If you’d like to see a full hotel tour my boyfriend and I vlogged it on Youtube. CLICK HERE to watch the full video.