05 Jan The Vic List: Skin Commandments
*this post is sponsored by BioClarity. However, all views are my own. I REALLY use this*
The start of the new year means EVERYONE is making lists. To-do lists, resolution lists, New Year New Me lists. And well, I’ve hopped on the bandwagon. 2017 was my best skin year ever. My skin had never been more clear, moisturized, or glowy. For a little over a year I’ve been using BioClarity’s 3 part system, and that has helped significantly. But, great skincare isn’t just about what you use to wash your face, it’s an entire lifestyle. Below I’ve outlined my 10 commandments of skincare. If you’re on a journey to better skin… these might save your face.
- Drink water. Lots of it. I’m not kidding. Whenever I’m not hydrated, I notice it in my skin first.
- You are what you eat. What you put in your body is more important than what you put on it. Make sure you’re getting enough fruits and veggies and staying away from the processed junk.
- Let things go. Stress causes bad skin. Point blank period. Try not to let things stress you out, or try to find better ways to manage the stress in your life.
- Sleep matters. When we sleep, our bodies heal themselves. Any wear and tear you’ve done on your skin can’t repair itself if you aren’t sleeping.
- Don’t sleep in your makeup. Even if you’re too tired to wash your face, at least invest in some wipes to keep by your bed. It only takes a few seconds.
- Stick to a regimen. I know sometimes it’s hard to stick with something if we don’t see results immediately, but trust me…..wait it out. Our skin takes at least 30 days to adjust to new products..which means you may not see the results until month 2. But if you stick it out, you’ll be surprised. I use BioClarity’s 3 part system every morning and night. It’s infused with Floralux, a special kind of chlorophyll made for your skin. So not only do I get all the goods from the greens I eat…I also get them from the greens I put on my face.
- Clean what you use on your face. Makeup brushes, hands, wash cloths, cleansing brushes. Make sure you are consistently cleaning whatever tools or towels you use on your face. I wash my makeup brushes once a week, and I only use each wash cloth once. Yes… it means I have a lot of laundry…but it matters. All that bacteria you wash off your face builds up on those washcloths, and you are just putting them back onto your skin. This goes for sheets and pillowcases too. Wash them regularly.
- Invest in an esthetician. I get a facial at least once a month. You can find great deals on Groupon for these…and they are worth it. A good esthetician can get down and clean out your pores better than you can yourself.
- SPF is your best friend. Yes black girl, you need SPF too. Did you know that hyperpigmentation becomes worse in the sun? A great sunscreen will help fight hyperpigmentation and other skin damage that can be caused by UV rays.
- Moisturize. Even if you have oily skin….moisturize. Our skin loves water. Keeping your skin hydrated helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and will help with hyperpigmentation. BioClarity has a new moisturizer that I’m in love with. It’s infused with chlorophyll, argon oil, Shea, jojoba oil and more.
Let 2018 be the year of the glow up— both for our skin and our lives. Because I want all of you to have glowing skin I’m offering you 50% off of the BioClarity System. Just click HERE.
Happy New Year Lovers!!!