30 Jun Jojoba Oil
Do you guys have that one go-to-I-just-refuse-to-live-my-life-without beauty product? Mine is jojoba oil, I prefer The Roots Naturelle brand that can be found at Wilshire Beauty. It is basically a miracle in a bottle. It has done wonders for my life (because everything is better when you feel beautiful). I say I can’t live without it because I use jojoba oil for so many different things. If I don’t travel with anything else I’m always sure to pack my miracle oil (like I did on my most recent trip). Here are my top 7 uses for jojoba oil (if you use it in other ways PLEASE comment and let me know how)
- Makeup remover- Makeup is harsh enough on my skin. The last thing I want to do is use a harsh makeup remover to get the junk off. I massage my face with jojoba oil and the makeup practically smears all the way off. Then I take a cotton round and just wipe away the oil and the makeup.
- Moisturize my face- Yes. that’s correct. The girl with oily skin uses an oil to moisturize her skin. Jojoba oil closely resembles the natural oils our skin produces. Using this as your moisturizer (or adding it to your current moisturizer) actually controls oily skin.
- Hot Oil Treatment- Before I wash my hair I use jojoba oil for a hot oil treatment. I pour a bit into a shot glass (classy, huh?), then place the shot glass into a bowl of SUPER hot water. This will heat the oil up. DO NOT MICROWAVE IT. The microwave zaps oils of its nutrients, so you won’t get all the good stuff. Then I dowse my hair in oil, place a plastic cap on for 30 minutes. Wash and conditon your hair as usual.
- Sugar Scrub- Want even-toned & dewy looking skin? Use a scrub 4-5 times a week. The one I make is easy. I mix 2 parts sugar and 1 part jojoba oil…and get to scrubbing.
- Cuticle oil- This one is pretty self explanatory….just rub it on your cuticles to stop them from being all white and cracked.
- Oil Pulling- Oil pulling is so great for so many things. It helps with overall dental hygiene, reduces headaches, whitens teeth. Oil Pulling is great for so many things. I mix a bit of jojoba oil and a bit of coconut oil together and swish it around in my mouth for 15 minutes before I brush my teeth.
- Lotion- Yup. As soon as I get out of the shower I slather this stuff all over. My skin always ends up unbelievably smooth & without the oily residue that other oils leave behind.