Happy Merry Christmas Eve!!!!!!! My favorite pastime on Christmas Eve is baking cookies and leaving them for Santa. I remember being a kid and leaving carrots (sometimes dog treats) for the reindeer too. Clearly I had no clue what deer ate.
This past Thanksgiving while at my Granny’s house she, my aunt, and I made her “famous” chocolate chips cookies. The recipe is below and make sure you guys chase them with a tall glass of milk (almond milk for me).
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of your choice of nuts (this is optional. We always use pecans)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl.
- Place Spoonfulls of the dough on a lightly greased baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet
- If you want perfectly round cookies here’s a little trick my aunt taught me: take a glass and use the open part as a sort of cookie cutter while the cookies are still hot place the glass on top and turn it a few times. The edges will be cut away and you will be left with perfectly round cookies.
Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!!!