14 Aug 10 Free Ways to Get Better Skin
Let’s face it, skincare is expensive. Most of my really great products cost a grip (well, except for this one that’s under $10). A few weeks ago The Chill Times sent me an email with free skincare tips, and while their article was good…I thought they missed a few good points. So, I decided to create my own list. Below are 10 FREE things you can do for great skin.
- Drink more water. I can’t stress this enough. Skin cells are made up mostly of water. Keeping them hydrated, obviously, keeps your skin hydrated. Dehydrated skin is dry, flaky, and is prone to wrinkles and scarring.
- Stop touching your face. Your hands are full of bacteria that transfer to your face if you’re constantly touching or picking it.
- Clean your makeup brushes. The dirt & bacteria buildup on makeup brushes is so real. The cleaner they are, the less harmful they are to your skin.
- Never fall asleep without washing your face. Makeup, dirt, oil, pollution— all these things get trapped in your pores throughout the day. It’s important to clean your face before bed so your skin can breathe and heal at night.
- Eat more fruits and veggies. You are what you eat, or at least your skin is. Fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that help fight free radicals that can damage skin. Basically, they help you have great skin from the inside out.
- Wash your towels more often. You wash away the dirt from your face with a washcloth on Monday night. Tuesday morning you use that same [dirty] washcloth to “clean” your face. Then use it again Tuesday night. Get where I’m going?
- Change your sheets weekly. I know, I know… I’m asking you to do a lot more laundry. But it’s worth it.
- Massage your face. Yes, this is actually a thing. Massage increases blood circulation and oxygen flow. It’s a great form of natural anti-aging. It will give you that glow. I normally massage my serums and moisturizer into my skin for about 2-3 minutes every morning and night.
- Cut the processed sugar. It causes inflammation in the body and breaks down collagen and elastin. Basically it speeds up the wrinkle process.
- Get more sleep. Your body heals itself while you’re sleeping. The more you get, the more healing you get. That acne and scarring can heal quicker, and those creams & serums can work harder.
Incorpate these 10 practices into your routine, and you’ll be on your way to healthier and glowing skin in no time.