Brunch is a very LA thing. I don’t recall ever having brunch dates while living in Alabama, and yet somehow it is now one of my most frequent types of dates. Actually, brunch is now my favorite meal.. so much so that I created an entire event surrounding it (Boss Babes Brunch).
In honor of the weekend (the best time to brunch) I’ve rounded up my favorite brunch spots in LA.
- Baldoria. First up on my list is Baldoria. It’s nestled in this cute unassuming corner of Downtown LA. The atmosphere is very chill. very minimal, and very LA. I suggest getting the scramble (the perfect mix of healthy yet savory).. but I’ve heard the Chicken and Waffles is to die for. As far as drinks are concerned (let’s face it, that’s the best part of brunch) you HAVE to get the “Not So Basic Bitch”. It’s made with Loft & Bear Vodka and is the perfect midday cocktail. (These photos were all taken in Baldoria and of course I’m drinking a not so basic bitch)
- Commissary at The Line. The ambiance is EVERYTHING. Commissary is located inside a greenhouse and next to the pool. The lighting is PERFECT for photos. My favorite thing to eat is the smoked salmon platter. Favorite drink? Pimm’s cup.
- Blu Jam Cafe. Hands down THE BEST FRENCH TOAST EVER. (They have several french toast options but my favorite is the crunchy french toast)
- Bottega Louie. It feels like you’ve stepped out of LA and waltzed into some little Parisian paradise. I love their french toast, and they have the best Bellini’s on the west coast. Oh, and if you’re into macaroons, they have about every flavor you can think of.
- Sweet Butter Kitchen. It’s my favorite place to brunch in the valley. Their chilaquiles is EVERYTHING. I always get it vegan, and seriously, you can’t tell it’s missing anything.
- Meat District Co. This is where Boss Babes Brunch is hosted, and it is PERFECT for events. They have this $26 brunch deal where you get a hefty sized meal AND bottomless mimosas for that price. I always order the Frittata or the Breakfast Poutine (without the meat).
- Tart. This place is all about the drinks. They have these amazing punch bowls (all of them are great) that are great to share with a group. Everyone is sure to leave a little over the tipsy mark.
What are some of your favorite places to brunch around the city?