It’s been 9 days since I chopped off my coils and started the 365 to Love journey. Here are 9 things I’ve learned thus far:
- Letting go feels REALLY good. Every morning this past week was serene. No thoughts about why ________ (insert name here) hasn’t called or text. No frantic “what am I going to do with my hair today” moments. I had time for me.
- You can love from a distance. You can also be loved from a distance. Constant communication is not a gauge for love.
- Creating magic and cultivating love with my sisters will forever be infinitely important. We are each others’ backbones.
- Los Angeles is really a beautiful place. Without the distraction of a guy I was able to fall a little more in love with her this week.
- It’s okay and normal to crave intimacy. I am learning to detach that word from sex.
- Good music will get you through almost anything. My week was filled with Chance the Rapper, Jessie Reyez, and Kendrick Lamar. (I’m thinking of making weekly playlists for you guys)
- The universe will test you. Make sure you really want what you say you want.
- Be specific in the things you ask for.
- Self love is a journey. Some days will be magic, other days will be nightmares. Every day will be worth it.
I uploaded my first 365 to Love vlog. You can check it out HERE if you’re interested. Also, be sure to sign up HERE for my newsletter for updates about giveaways, weekly affirmations, and playlists to set your vibe.