10 Jun Beauty Sleep
The best advice my mother has ever given me is to get a good night’s rest. She was adamant about me having a bedtime and sticking to a routine, a habit that I’ve carried into adulthood. When we sleep, our body recovers and rejuvenates itself. I look at it as sort of an everyday detox that we all do. I’m going to share my nighttime routine with you and spill the tea on how a great night’s sleep also helps me maintain great skin.
- I journal every single night. This is my way of purging all of my thoughts, stress, and emotions from the day. I believe that it allows me to rest with a clear mind if I’ve dealt with those things before I lay down.
- I try to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep each night. For me, this means getting to bed early, so that I can wake up early.
- My nighttime skincare routine is pretty rigorous. I make sure to double cleanse, and use the correct serums and moisturizers to benefit whatever my skin condition is.
- I take Beauty Sleep by Olly nightly. I consider this my little end of the day “treat”. It takes great.. but also gives my skin the nutrients it needs to thrive. It hydrates the skin from the inside out with ceramides. It also contains melatonin, which is a natural supplement that helps you rest a little better.
- I make sure that my phone isn’t plugged in near my bed. I used to have a bad habit of scrolling social media right before bed. I realized that it kept me awake longer, and kept my mind preoccupied.
- I do a 5 minute nightly mediation to calm my thoughts. I suffer from anxiety, and this has really helped me keep that under control.
What are some of your nighttime routine practices?
*This post is sponsored by Olly. However, all ideas and views are my own.*